We’re looking for a committed hard working L3 Teaching Assistant to join our team here at Royton & Crompton Academy. The purpose of this role is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by providing specialist support to the teacher in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- Select appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities, differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils
- Assist with the implementation of individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs as agreed with the teacher
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification.
Salary - £19,764 - £21,821, FTE: £22,571 - £24,920
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
In September 2019, E-Act Royton and Crompton Academy moved into a brand new, state of the art, learning complex to ensure we provide the very best outcomes for all our children. Our biggest priority is to ensure that through the best quality of education, outstanding teaching we provide the very best educational experiences and outcomes for all our students allowing everyone access to the curriculum and entitlements that they require in order to succeed in their chosen career pathways.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing our application and equal opportunities form.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,400 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community .
Royton & Crompton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.