Contract: Fixed term, term time only to include INSET days (39 weeks per year)
Hours: 32.5 per week (08:15 to 15:15, Monday to Friday)
Salary: Grade 10 (8-11), £22,777 - £24,054 per annum (pro-rata: £17,131 to £18,092 per annum)
This post is fixed term until 23rd July 2023 subject to budget review. Budget and requirements are reviewed annually.
• To act as a lifeguard
• To provide first aid and assist with emergency responses for all accidents, incidents and emergencies, reporting and maintaining corresponding records as required. Providing cover in the First Aid Room from time to time in the absence of the substantive post-holder(s)
• To organise sports fixtures including liaising with other schools, minibus booking, preparing equipment and refreshments when needed
• Creatively planning, organising and editing the academy’s Sports section within the parent/carer academy bulletin in liaison with the Head of PE
• Contribute to the academy’s Sports Website and social media accounts with the latest fixture details, sports results and news headlines
• Assisting and taking on key roles within major sports dates throughout the year, such as Sports Day
• Participate in and assist with the organisation of trips and activities to enhance the teaching and learning of PE/Sport within the academy
• Responsible for updating sports noticeboards, fixture boards and displays regularly
• Maintain all sports equipment and ensure that storage rooms are kept clean and tidy and that equipment is stored in a safe and orderly fashion when not in use.
• Arrange maintenance and repairs to equipment as required to ensure compliance with safe working practices
• Regular ordering, receiving and accounting for new stock and equipment
• Undertake annual audit of stock records
• Liaise with the Finance Department regarding invoices, orders and money
• To raise the awareness of PE and Sport within the academy and local community
• To assist with the supervision of students, run some teams and clubs and assist in refereeing duties when needed
• You will be required to attend monthly training
The successful candidate must have:
• Current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPQL) or equivalent and be able to demonstrate that they are a strong swimmer
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• First Aid at Work (desirable)
Also, they must able to work independently using initiative, have a positive ‘can do’ approach and have the ability to remain calm in an emergency situation. They will have well-developed administration and organisational skills ensuring that important activities are completed within timescales and with accuracy. They will be able to work logically, resourcefully, proactively, and efficiently. They will be a confident communicator and enjoy building and maintaining successful, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Experience of using Microsoft Office, especially excel, word and outlook is essential.
What we Offer
An academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools to support our endeavours to work smarter
Excellent CPD opportunities
Free on-site parking
Employee benefits such as an employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and employer contributing Pension Scheme
Staff recognition scheme
Lunches in exchange for a contribution to student enrichment
Annual Flu Jab
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to undergo security and vetting processes appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service. We have a suite of safeguarding procedures, policies and guidance for all of our staff and volunteers to ensure we actively promote children and young people’s welfare and safety. Moreover, as part of the safer recruitment process we will carry out online searches as part of the recruitment process. Details of online accounts will be requested at application stage.
We apply Equal, Diversity and Inclusion at all stages of recruitment and selection. We carry out shortlisting, interviewing and selection without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and will make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as they are under-represented within the Trust.